RSS

Eh? ----------> Orh.... Bloggers.Sg 2005

Weird title huh? I thought so too when they put this up as the Bloggers' convention banner.



The whole affair took place on 16th July 2005. It was certainly a hetic day as mine started with tennis. Sigh~ Tennis. I am beginning to feel something for it. However, many people are doubting my interest for it. My dad, Diana and others. Seriously. Do I have to act out my interest for tennis to show that I like tennis? So you want me to be like Diana who speaks of nothing but tennis for 24/7? I am sure you cannot stand it too. Anyways, the day did not really start out well as I injured a fellow tennis player with the tennis ball.

How did I accomplish that?

I would really say I am still wondering how I did it. Considering the ratio of area of the head to the body plus the ratio of the area of space she is taking up in the tennis court to the tennis court, multiply it and what is the probability of hitting her head with a tennis ball? I would say it is nearly zero because I suck at serving and I happened to hit her head with a serve. The irony. Sigh~ Needless to say, she cried. Diana still rattles on about how insensitive I am at that moment as I did not say sorry immediately.

Moving on anyways. The Bloggers' convention.

It was superb! To say that it was a smashing success would be an understatment. I throughly enjoyed it! With the company of my friend Shan An!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ok! I seriously look hideous! Too bad I know nuts about photoshop.

So the event took place at a bar. Yeah! A bar! Cool huh? A convention in a bar! Hahahaha! It was located beside The Esplanade. It's called DXO. The interior is super cool as it has a very modern look. You get to see weird stuff. Overall, it is great!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The nice futuristic look!

Please pardon the blurry picures. Blame it on the lousy camera or cameraman instead! Remember me talking about the toilet? Hahahaha! This is the one. It looks really cool. (For boys only. Or for girls who use the urinals.) The urinal is the one that looks cool. The only thing is, how do we follow the urinal etiquette? You will get what I mean when you see the picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Weird urinal...

Soon the convention started and we were all seated and up first was the opening of the convention. They even had an IRC channel up so that anyone with a lappie could just log in and start chatting there even when the convention is taking place. So it is like two meetings going on at the same time. How cool is that? Too bad I do not own a lappie or else I would have went into the IRC channel.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The screen that made everyone laugh every now and then.

The first session was about blogging communities and some personal blogs. The host had the audience participate and made them say their url. Too bad I didn't have the guts to go up or else I might have quite a few readers now. Hahahah! However, there was one guy who went up. He caught my attention when he first went up.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Is it a boy or a girl?

It was funny seeing the host turning back to see the screen as their backs are facing the screen. So they have no idea what is going on in the second "meeting" while they were giving their talks. Jokes were mentioned on the screen and the host could see us giggling and not know what is going on. Poor things! There was one part where they were telling Mr. Miyagi to strip. Hahahaha!

They covered quite a number of things during the convention. There were the laws of blogging. What not to say and what you can say to defend yourself. I shan't go into detail as I think it would bore you guys. When the lawyers were up on stage talking, someone was cracking lawyer jokes in the second "meeting". Hahahah! What a riot!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If you added black sunglasses, I am darn sure he would look like the agent Smiths in The Matrix.

There were refreshments too. It was nice. Too bad the fruit punch ran out. In the end me and Shan An had to drink tea. It was nice though. After the whole convention, it was time for some form of entertainment! Yay! The belly dancers were up! The irony however, was the lady who introduced the dancers.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Haha! BELLY dancing! I am sure she would be darn good in it!

The belly dancing commences!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The lady in white is one darn good dancer! Was mesmerised by her hips!

After the convention ended, it was time for the post party where there would be free flow of alcohol. Too bad I am under 18 or I would have stayed on. But I couldn't leave until I took photos with...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kenny Sia of www.kennysia.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mr. Miyagi of http://myveryownglob.blogspot.com

Last but not least!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mr. Brown of www.mrbrown.com

Yay! I took pictures with the bloggers I like! Some may ask why I never take with Xiaxue. This was what Xiaxue said to me when I helped Shan An ask if he could take a picture with her.

"You got so many opportunity to take picture with me and you want to take with me today?"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Shan An and Xiaxue. Omg! That kinda shows how short she is does it? Xiaxue of http://xiaxue.blogspot.com

Hahaha! My brother is her friend remember? So I get to see her often. Hahahaha!

After the event, Shan An had to rush to his friend's chalet and I went off to my Granny's house.

Here are some other photo's to end this entry.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Apparently Shan An wants people to believe that the cup I am holding is filled with vodka.

I don't think Kenny would like this but he was sitting so near that I couldn't help but snapped his picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Reminds me of a hippopotamus actually.

I will definitely go to next year's Bloggers' convention again!

5 comments:

Wei Xin said...

Hahaah! I was certainly happy that day. Event was great! And shan an was a lucky chap... Got to take a picture with xiaxue... I dun think shan an likes her though...

meyaka88 said...

yo! ehm... looks fun man!!!! lolx.... dunno wat to say actually.,,,,

Wei Xin said...

It wasn't there when I took it! There is a prob with the pic! I told shan an to help me edit it and he didn't want to! Damn it shan an! Damn you~!

desmond said...

Haha why are so many pictures blurred? Shaky hands?

Kenny Sia looks cute.. lol

Wei Xin said...

I know! He looks so darn cute. Do you know all the ladies in the room were practically flocking to him?

When I asked him to take a photograph with me, I asked "Can I take a photo with you or do you only do it with girls?"

Hahaha! He laughed... So funny...