RSS

Do parents scold you with logic?

Before I start rattling on on how logicless my dad is, I wanna confess something! To the people who went to so called Jie Yi's party, I lied! I am not on level three... In actual fact, I am on level five! Sorry! I just didn't have the courage for telling the truth! So slap me! I know I am a sickass bastard who knows no shame, but just forgive me yeah? It is kinda difficult telling so many people the truth...

My dad.

Ever used the handphone while walking? Be it smsing or calling, I am sure you are still alert of the surroundings around you. That was exactly what I did this morning while walking with my dad. My dad got so fed up, he started scolding me. Oblivious that he was actually talking to me, I got a even harsher scolding in the end.

My dad has this strict rule when it comes to sitting position in the car. If you are out alone with him, you must sit up in front with him. Or else it will look like he is chauffering you instead. As if the scolding isn't bad enough, I have to sit up front beside him in the car. As usual, he started talking why I shouldn't use the phone while walking because I might end up getting knocked down by a car. And he started to rattle onto how important is it that I have to use the phone even while walking. Was I closing an important deal that involves a million dollars?

I was on the verge of shouting into his ear, YES! However I reconsidered that it wasn't safe cos' he is liable to just swing his palm across my cheek. I just kept quiet throughout the way home. I thought he would just stop there and not rattle on anymore, but heck no! This time he said how important a message can be? How ironic when he said that.

I remembered once not replying to one of his sms and he called and scolded me over that phone. What the hell?! Why do parents always contradict themselves? So their smses are more important and my friend's aren't? Plus the sms was about school project! So you want your son to fail and then you scold him for not being hardworking? When can't they just think?!

So fed up! Cannot be bothered to carry on. He just continued scolding me and digressing and talked about how lucky I am to be born in Singapore.

Logic! I want to hear scoldings with logic in it! Try not to be so stupid and contradict yourself next time.

0 comments: