RSS

Whee! First and second day at Work!

First day at work... Tiring... I am dying... Thought I could last for at least a week but I feel so wasted now... Sigh... But of cos, I feel quite happy working there... I thought I would dread working there because it would feel so weird... The only sixteen year old Singaporean guy working at a construction site... I think I am the first boy to be doing it... Hahaha!!! So... My boss treats me very well... I like working with him...

Not only the people there are nice,( Icludes the Indian and Banglah workers... They really are nice...) there are also so many things to learn... I am very sure when I finish my work there, I will know much more about homemaking... Even though I only helped by setting up the wires and doing some other odd jobs, I could see how serious they were in doing their jobs.... In fact, most people have the wrong idea that only the stupid kind of people go and do this kinda work... You people are so wrong! They are certainly not smart academically but they are smart in a way that they do things very smartly... And they think really fast for a solution when they foul up...

All I did today was not much but it really drained me... I had to help my boss connect the wires for the whole room and put up the trunking... (which is the pipe that contains the wires...) Then after that, I was told to go pick up the lose wires on the floor and place it in a bag... They said they could sell those wires for money... Great idea! So I went to do it until it was time for lunch... Oh sorry... I forgot to tell you guys what my consturction is about... They are currently wiring the newly built hotel rooms and also all the things that is needed to be done to make a hotel room... The room I am working in is now bare... Walls not painted, floor not tiled and walls not plastered...

The picture below shows how I got the job... My dad contacted his friends and well... You know the rest... I gtg... Mom wanna use the computer... Will update this entry with more info and as well add a new entry... Hopefully by tomorrow...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Updated:*

Sigh~! Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long... Since I am updating this entry, I might as well just write what happened over the past few days... Hahaha.... About work? I have so much more to write about actually but I do not know where to start... My first and second day of work has indeed let me see things which I really did not expect to see.... You might all think that the workers there are matured... However, they are not!! I really am surprised... You will always hear the malaysian workers saying Tamil profainities whenever they see some Indian workers and the Indian workers... Yea... They start saying profainities in dialect... Hahahaa!!! Quite funny...

One weird thing has been going around the site is that there has been sightings of ghosts... Hahaha.... Word has it that the hotel staff had seen some person dressed in white walking along the corridors of the site.... Time of sighting is about 10 p.m... I wonder if its true... Workers who did O.T till about that time also heard indistinct chatting through the air duct... And weird thing is, people who were outside the site could see some white thing beside the workers but workers could not see them... Hahaha.... There were also ghosts stories... Saying this one hotel, where quite a few family encountered this ghost... The hotel unit was at the corner end of the corridor... The interior of the room (Please try to visualise...) is such that if you stand at the door facing into the room, the windows would be right opposite you... The space between the window and door is occupied by a couch and tv placed perpendicular to the window... So, as the story goes... A family was seated on the couch watching tv when the door suddenly swung open and at the next end of the corridor, they could see a girl dressed in white running towards thier room... Within moments, the girl was seen ruuning into their room, right past them between the couch and tv and out of the window.... Eeee!! Sick huh? It happened to quite a few families.. All saying that they saw the same thing... Let's drop this subject shall we? I suddenly feel so cold... Hahaha....

Easter is here! And sadly, I could not attend the easter service... I think my service friends are losing faith in me... Sigh.... I had something that needed my imidiate attention... My cousin had some problem and he sought my help... So I slept over at his house on friday night... And saturday came and I was hoping to go to service but I had to accompany him to Raymond... (The person who is solely responsible for bringing my F9 in Additional Mathematics up to a B3... Thank you...) So I stayed there till it was about 4... Then had to rush back to granny's place to eat Lor Mee... She cooked it for dinner and I have to be there... I hate to see my granny sad... She feels sad if one of her grandchildren isn't there... So I couldn't go for service... Sigh~! Sorry Lennon... I really didn't mean it... I wanted to be there too...

Today... Sunday... I went to play pool with Gabriel and someone else at SGCC... Enjoyed your company guys!! Thanks for today... Went back in time for dinner and then, slept till now and then I decided to update this entry... Sigh~! Ricca is leaving for Indonesia tomorrow... Do have a safe journey yea? Enjoy yourself when you get back there... Say hi to your famiy for me... Oh yeah... Btw... Who's side are you on in the tagboard? You sound like you agree with that stupid cypher... I am really like what he said arhxz?? You should know who's words matters to me the most... Just like you take someone else's words very seriously...

Think I am gonna end here... I seem to be like able to meet people from all walks of life in my blog... Hahaa... Kinda glad and angry about it somehow...

"Work work work... Wei Xin! Bring me that ladder! Get the blueprints and wait for me at the 14th floor..." Ah Dee

0 comments: