RSS

Ten things to do when someone comes up to you for donation...

Kill me, shoot me, burn me, slice me, behead me for all I care... Yeah, I know I haven't been blogging.... Sorry yea? I am working now and I do not really have time... Busy with school application and feeling very tired at night... What could get worse? My dad changing the password? OMG! I seem to have E.S.P... (Extra sensonary perception) Yeah! My dad Did change the password... Damn it! So that kinda explains why I couldn't really blog... Anyways... here are the happenings for the past days...

Yes! I have finally drilled a hole!!! I got to hold a drill and drill a bloody hole!!! Although it isn't big enough to fuck it... But... It was exhilarating! Can you imagine holding the damn heavy drill and drill the brains out of the wall? Just for bonus pleasure, imagine your worst enemy on the wall and drill his brains out! Haha! Feels great doesn't it? Alright! I have decided... After the whole hotel project is finished, I am gonna ask my mom to book a room in the hotel at the 14th level and say there for a night... Hahaha!! Crazy idea... But isn't it just great to stay in a room where all the wires and appliances are single handedly done and set up by you? Gives you something to be proud with... I can just feel it! The satisfaction, pleasure, exhilaration, and of course the excitment in staying in the room... But anyways, school is gonna start soon and I am stopping work on 14th of April.... Yay! Then it will be payday! Should be recieving enough money to buy a PSP! Yes! I wanna buy it... So I dun have to feel bored on buses anymore... Shan't digress anymore... To the main topic!

Ever feel that you just can't seem to say no to someone who walks up to you and asks you for a donation? Be it two dollars, five dollars or even ten dollars, you just cannot say no to the person... Well, fear no more cos Professor Ah^Wei is teaching you methods to shake them off... You may ask... "Why are you so heartless? Giving is a kind of blessing... What if it was you who needs the donations?" People, I ask of you... How often do you personally see that the donated money goes into the hands of the intended reciever? There are already certain cases whereby donations are stolen... So just how trusty can a volunteer get? Hope you people get my point... Anyways, here are the top ten ways to shake them off....

Top ten ways to shake off a person who asks for donations

Number 10
Simply act like you are in a hurry and just walk away without saying anything...
This is effective only when your acting skill is great... They wouldn't dare bother you... It would be better if you are holding your phone to your ear and acting like you are asking your friend where to meet him... This will ensure that they dare not even look you in the eye....

Number 9
Just say NO!
Where have all the practising in saying No to drugs and ciggies gone to? Didn't we all role-play and took turns saying No in school? Put it back into practice! You must sound assertive and determined... That is the way to go!

Number 8
I call this the "Show them you are poorer" tatic...
Before you pull this stunt, make show you conceal all your money so that the people do not see it anywhere... First, say that you do not have money... then go on to flash your empty wallet and then jokingly ask if they would donate some to you instead....

Number 7
This is where handphones are very useful... Talk to it!
This is way easy and works almost 80% of the time... Only people with a great deal of courage dare to interupt you while you are talking... If that ever happens, use either number 10, 9 or 6 to deal with it...

Number 6
This is rude but works for me... Just spread your palm wide open and when she is about to speak, place it in front of her face...
Downright rude but that is the whole idea right?

Number 5
I call this the "I do not understand English..."
This is fairly simple... But it might back fire... If a malay comes up to you, speak Chinese... If a chinese come up to you then try speaking a dialect if you yourself is a chinese, if not speak Malay or Tamil... But sometimes you might meet a malay speaking in chinese... Then follow up the act in chinese and use either of the tatics mentioned...

Number 4
This would be in conjunction to the previous one... Act deaf and mute!
Just act dumb!

Number 3
Strategically walk behind people...
This one needs some elaborating... Always walk behind groups of people... This way, they will have to face the music before you do... Keep a vigil watch for stalking predators... (The people who asks for donations...) Plan out your route properly and then put it into action... This is by far one of the most difficult to master... hahah!!!

Number 2
Give the "I am pissed off... Don't disturb..." look

This is kinda tricky... You have to send the right message... Wrong message and you are inviting them to your doorstep... It is difficult to act pissed when you are quite happy... One person you can learn from though is Stanley... Just learn to act his face when he is angry... All the people will scramble outta sight....

Number 1

This is the last one... (At last!) This is the most stupid... But kinda great if you win... I call this the "Talk, raise hope and decline" tatic...

Haha!!! This one involves in conversing with the person itself... Do not attempt to try it if you have no confidence... First listen to him... Let him say his piece and then look eager... Next, ask him questions like "How do I know that this money I donate wouldn't fall into your hands?" Let him answer... Then in the end, reject him... Mean huh? I know... I do that all the time... :) Sometimes I meet even the rude kind... I always threaten to sue them for what they say and make them apologise... Haha!!!!

P.S: The information above is not in any order... So being at number one does not mean it works the best... Use as you deem fit...

Sigh! This is all for this entry... Will have more next time... Sneak peak... Something to do with cyber sex... Haha!! Desmond... I see the gleam in your eyes already... Haha!!!

All evil begone! I hate walking in Orchard road that is full of people asking for donations...

0 comments: