RSS

Reminiscing the past.

I went to my small aunt's house yesterday for a barbeque. It was raining hard in the afternoon therefore we had to move the barbeque into the night. Having nothing to do for the afternoon, we decided to get all the home videos we once took before and played it on the television.

When my uncle was searching for the tape to play, I was suddenly thrown into a deep thought.

"I wonder how much I have changed? Did I change for the better? I wonder how much my family members have changed?"

All these questions were flashing in my head. Suddenly, my thoughts were abruptly broken by the screams that filled the still air. My eyes were then focused on the screen and images of my family members when they were younger filled my mind. I was amazed by how much we had changed.

Right there and then, I was taken back into time and was reminded of the times I had as a child. Being young and innocent then, I saw myself playing with toys and games with my cousin. It was then so carefree. I had no worries and school work was not much of a problem. As the video gradually played on, time had passed in a flash and I saw myself grew up. I was then hit by another thought.

"So this is what my parents are seeing everyday. I wonder when my turn will be?"

There were laughter and crying during the course of the video. Parents shedding tears of happiness upon seeing their children growing up and laughter from the kids that were once toddlers and doing funny antics in front of the camera. All the celebrations were captured and recorded through the lens of a machine. Constant laughter and screaming were heard whenever something funny was being played. It was certainly fun to see yourself again in the past.

When the video ended, I realised that so many things have changed and happened then. During christmas last year, my family had a celebration at my small aunt's condominium. The party was held in a function room and the children and teenagers were putting up performance to entertain the parents. I took part and together with my cousin strumming the guitar while I sang a song. I remember so clearly the song that I sang. It was "You say it best, when you say nothing at all" by Ronan Keating. Sadly, the camera was not working on that day so there was not a recording at all. Only flashes from the digital cameras recorded that day.

I said a statement out loud which then made everyone nodded in agreement.

"It would be a great feeling to see ourseleves again on the television ten years later on that occasion."

P.S: I have found out something in english. Normally we would say this. "If I were the boss, I would sack you." In actual fact, that sentence is wrong. The word 'sack' is not a verb. Therefore, we cannot use it in this way. The correct way of using it is, "If I were the boss, I would have given you the sack." That is the correct way as 'sack' here would be a noun. Everyone understand?

Ten years down the road. I would love to see myself again.

2 comments:

Wei Xin said...

It is true that we must treasure everything and time that we have now. But looking back is something inevitable. Wouldn't you think so? I would also love to see my children growing up also.

meyaka88 said...

YOz! erm... wat a entry for this one... not bad.... it is true tat we must treasure wat we hae now and enjoy every min/sec... but tat doesnt mean u dun care wat will happen in the future.... many things are unexpected in this world... so at least be prepared... and when u see a video of urself when u were young... u will find tat time really fly very quickly... at least u know how much u have changed and how u look like in the past... u might find it funny but eventually u will cherish ur past too and not only the present... lolx~ bye bye!