RSS

Children's Day!

Yes! It is Children's Day... A day for children to celebrate... Celebrate that they are children... I could not help but just remember the times when I was in primary school... During Children's Day, the school would have a gift and a performance put up in the school hall... To top it off... School lasted for only half a day... What fun we had and I wished that times like that would not end... I am sure all of you... my legions of fans, would have some memory of your Children's Day would you not?

Anyways, my topic for today's entry is not about Children's Day but about when we were children ourselves... Let me ask all of you something...

Now, at the present, we have so many things to keep us teens occupied... There is the game consoles, the computer and television... When we were still kids... What did we play with? Even if there was computer or game consoles when we were still kids, would we all know how to play with it then? Yes... What about the television? I admit... I do watch the television when I was a kid... I remember watching cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny and the usual bunch of classics cartoons... Even then, do we understand what the characters were talking about? All we watched was just some character suffering for ten minutes before he gives up on his prey and still dies in the end...

What's my point in saying all these you ask?

Other than watching television... What else did we do? I have to admit... what I did really do sound stupid and lame... I would usually go to my cousin's house and play with him... We would take out our toys ( mainly Power Rangers action figures...) and used them to fight against each other's chosen action figure... We would conjure up silly and crazy moves for our action figure and even make sound effects... Worse, we sometimes would get into a fight because none of us want to lose... All these sound stupid... Yes it does... especially when I look back at it... But one important thing we all had in common was....

IMAGINATION...

Yes! Imagination... One important ingredient needed to play with the action figures... Don't you all think so? I think we are all lacking a wee bit of it now... There are game consoles that do all the work for us... We always used to think how a super hero can look like.... Not anymore... Games now feature a hero for us and things the hero can do is limited... Whereas, what we can imagine is unlimited...

Nowadays, how often do you all use your imagination? Unless you are writing a composition... Even when writing a composition, we do not use as much imagination as we used to... Now, people are becoming more "dead"... They do not have as much fun as older generations did... Why is this happening? I do not know... We cannot entirely blame it on games or the computer...

Therefore... To the people out there!! Let your imagination run wild!!! Don't let it die and go for what you believe in... Nothing is impossible... ( unless you wanna fly or something... which is practically impossible...) Things you cannot get, imagination is the best thing you can have... Remember... Imagination is vital for life!!!

Let your imagination run wild!!!

0 comments: