RSS

Chinese New Year!!!

Sunday was the ninth day of the Lunar New Year. It is the day where all Chinese pray to "Tian Gong". Or rather directly translated into God of Heaven. Why do we Chinese pray to him on the ninth day of the Lunar New Year? I am clueless on that too. However, that also means a day of celebration and gathering for my family!

So on Sunday, my whole family of about 30 people gathered at my Uncle's house for a day of wine and dine. There were so much food that it sometimes scares me. Pardon me cos this time round I didn't take any pictures of the food. Something special though. My uncle hired people to stage a lion dance in the house! Finally something close to CNY that I am going to be in contact with. Enough said. Some pictures will tell the story.






The Lion! I love Chinese traditions like these.






Just look at the intricate designs and patterns.






Look at the cute pig that the lion dance troupe made with mandarin oranges! They so totally redefine the meaning of playing with your food!


I guess that's quite enough for today. I still have an important test to go to. Shall turn in for the night. As for my Malaysia trip, I shall take some time for it. Do wait.

I am thinking about video blogging. What do you guys think?

0 comments: